Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Outlook hazy -- and hot


I am presently to go and see "Coco and Igor," the movie based on that book about Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky that we discussed some time ago. Ah yes, it was last December. The day of the first snow.

There is nothing snowy about this movie, I can see that already!

You can find movie trailers on YouTube and I have gotten into the habit of watching them. I just watched the trailer for "Coco and Igor" and oh, I have to say this. It looks like one gorgeous movie. The house is like out of "Brideshead Revisited." Coco's necklaces, her haircut, her dresses ...


... all look like things I can copy. I have the right kind of hair to pull off that hairstyle. Next time I go get my hair cut I am going to bring in a few stills from this film.

As far as our heroes themselves, Coco and Igor, I do not know about that. One problem I had with the book, which is by Chris Greenhalgh, was that I did not like either of them very much. The book was kind of torpid and languorous and in the middle were these two spoiled and selfish people. Well, that was how they struck me.

But as a buddy of mine and I were discussing yesterday, there is something cool in the idea that Coco Chanel had this thing going on with Igor Stravinsky. The situation is also kind of like the deal with Wagner and Mathilde Wesendonck, the romance that gave us "Tristan and Isolde." Someone should make a movie about them. I wonder if anyone has.

I love how in the trailer you see Stravinsky at a party suddenly noticing Coco and giving her a double take.

Cheri, who are you?

The whole thing looks extremely heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment