Monday, August 3, 2009

Danger: Wagner ahead


Sometimes I do not understand our classical music station. Yesterday on the way home they played a clever choral arrangement of the Stephen Foster "Camptown Races." That was cute. That is nice driving music.

But then they followed it up with the "Prelude and Liebestod" from Wagner's "Tristan and Isolde"!

I ask you.

What in the world were they thinking?

How can anyone drive listening to "Tristan"? If you can drive well while listening to "Tristan," I question your relationship with music.

Plus 5 p.m. for most of the world is just the wrong time for Wagner.

That is the time for, I don't know, the "Tritsch-Tratsch Polka"! Or "Camptown Races," that was fine. There is a lot of good music you can play that will not make people run off the roads.

With all our personal injury laywers, I wonder if the station will ever get any repercussions about this sort of thing.

I wonder if they will get any lawsuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment